Sunday, July 21, 2019

visiting France

I went to France last week. It was only for one day (two days if you include all the driving 8 hours so that makes 16 back and forth), but it was really worth it. 
As some of you may know I design crochet patterns for the French company Fonty, a wool company who produce and sell 100 percent sustainable and natural yarns. 
We visisted their factory to see how all the yarn is made. 

The last time I went to France was twelve years ago, in the summer of 2007. I was really enjoying the views, the golden sunlight, the white cows resting in the warm sun, the hills, the meadows and the serene silence. 
My favorite thing were probably the quiet French villages and the lovely architecture, I would so much love to live in a French house!
We also ate in a France restaurant for lunch (ouch, we didn't know it was a daily menu and not a la carte so we almost got meat on our plates before we told the waitress that we actually don't eat meat... we got something else luckily hihi). And oh my... no one ever told me that it's normal to eat a four course lunch in France. But apparently it is ha, so that's what we got. A lot of food, I can tell.

A really nice thing I noticed is, that the villages are very quiet and there aren't many people walking outside. But still there are a few shops or restaurants in every village (which is unusual here), and surprisingly every restaurant or shop has it's customers, even in the evening hours. 

Now I will show you a few of the many pictures I took in France. We went to Rougnat by the way.

next to our hotel. can you see the waterwell? I love those.


a lovely little house with so so many flowers! we stopped the car to take a picture of  this...
then the lady of the house came outside to see what we were doing hihi. she said
bonjour though and she smiled so she didn't mind. 



the treehouse, the laundry...


beautiful French landscapes

Have a lovely week ahead,

Sasja

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I enjoyed those pictures very much! I have been a few times to France when I was younger and I loved it and I also understand you when you say they eat a lot of courses. I was invited at a Birthday party once and I did not know that there will come so many courses for lunch, so I ate until I was full in the beginning and then further dishes came and I was not able to eat further, hahaha! They just love to enjoy their meals it seems! French cottages are beautiful! It was surely strenuous the long ride there and back, but it was surely an adventure and opportunity for some lovely new pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those landscapes are truely enchanting. Lovely post, Sasja!

    ReplyDelete

feel free to comment or ask anything ♥